Laser Hair Removal Pre and Post Care
Thank you for choosing and trusting us with your care. It is our mission to work with you to achieve the best results by implementing a uniquely tailored treatment course optimized for your individual priorities and health. The following instructions will assist in achieving the best results from Diolaze XL Laser Hair Removal treatments. Please take a moment to review this information and go over any questions or concerns you may have with us before your appointment. You may email, text or call us with any questions. It is recommended that you seek medical attention from you family physician if you have concerns about specific skin lesions or changes in skin prior to beginning Diolaze XL laser hair removal sessions.
Things to Know Before Laser Hair Removal
- The area to be treated must be clean-shaven (the day before or morning of). Unshaven clients will be rescheduled.
- Avoid UV exposure 7 days prior to your treatment.
- Avoid sunless tanning products prior to your treatment.
- Avoid chemical peels and other laser procedures 2 weeks prior to your treatment.
- Exfoliate the area the day prior to remove any residual color.
- Come to your appointment with clean skin (no lotions) in the area to be treated.
- Stop waxing, tweezing, and chemical epilation 3 weeks prior to treatment.
- If you have a history of cold sores, we require that you take and anti-viral medication (Valtrex) prior to your treatment or you are welcome to get treatment at another facility
- You cannot be treated a laser if you have used Accutane or similar products within the last 6 months.
- If you have Botox or dermal fillers in the area to be treated, wait 14 days both before and after injection to receive laser hair removal treatments.
Post Laser Hair Removal Instruction
- Avoid extended exposure for 7 days post-treatment.
- Avoid using seat warmers immediately after treatment.
- Avoid any additional laser treatments or chemical procedures on the treated area for at least 2 weeks.
- Use Daily Repair Mega-Moisture Cream or Aloe Vera on the treated area for 1-2 days following your treatment.
- Tylenol, cool towels, or ice packs can be used for post-treatment discomfort.
- In the rare case you experience any side effects, such as hypo- or hyper-pigmentation, prolonged redness or swelling, or blistering, call or come in for instructions on treatment.
- If blisters happen to occur, do NOT puncture.
- If skin is broken, apply antibiotic ointment until healed.
- To achieve the best results, complete the full treatment schedule at the recommended intervals (typically 4-6 weeks).
- Exfoliate treated areas every 2-3 days after your treatment to minimize risk of ingrown hairs.
- You should not perform any physical activity that increase body temperature or blood pressure within 2 hours before and after treatment.